- Ongig will never spam you.
- We will never sell, rent or share your personal information with third parties for commercial purposes without your permission. Never ever!
- You may receive messages from Ongig with content we believe you will value (e.g. a job you might be interested in); every Ongig message has a clear way to unsubscribe.
- If you choose, Ongig can alert you about items on our site (e.g. so you don't have to return to the site to receive its value) - it will always be easy for you to turn such alerts off.
How We Treat Your Information
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service.
What Information do We Collect?
When you sign in to Ongig through LinkedIn, we collect and store your first name, profile picture and LinkedIn access token* -- this allows you convenience and added value of the Ongig experience.
*An access token is like a valet key that some luxury cars have (great for safety!) that allow the valet to only drive a mile or two. Ongig is like the valet in that we can't go anywhere with your LinkedIn profile information.
If You Are An Employer, Here Is What We Share & Collect
If you are an employer, and you create a job with us, we will publish activity on your job such as:
- Number of times its been viewed
- Number of applications you have received
- Amount of time the job has been opened
- Comments that people (including anonymous people) have made about you
We may charge some employers for some services in which case those members will be asked for credit card and billing information.
Cookies & Log Files We Track
As is done with most web sites, Ongig sends a "cookie" to your computer that contains an identification number that is unique to the computer you are using. We use this cookie to provide you with a continuous experience, and for us to record how
our service is being used.
Here is how cookies on Ongig work:
- We log each visit to each web page.
- A log entry can contain information typically found in the "header" of your web browser's request such as the browser type you used, your Internet Protocol address, and the date and time of day.
- We may also log your cookie's identification number and the URL of the last site you visited.
- This log information is important for security, audit, quality improvement, as well as for monitoring the health of our service.
If you would like to disable cookies, most Internet browsers allow you to through their "preferences" section.
Disclosure To Third-Parties
The information we collect is used to improve our services and is not shared with third-parties for commercial purposes unless:
- It is required by law.
- It is necessary to protect the physical safety of any person
- A member violates our Terms Of Service for one of our applications.
Sharing Aggregate Information ("Nothing Personal")
We may sell, rent or share aggregate (but not personal) information.
For example, we may publish somewhere that "our members apply, on average, to 7 jobs every 30 day."
Ongig uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our services. Although Ongig owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Ongig applications,
you retain all rights to your data.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Ongig may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Ongig account or by placing a prominent notice on
You retain the right to access, amend, correct or delete your personal information where it is inaccurate at any time. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: October 14, 2011